You should use PSC cement as this type of cement has various speciality than ordinary cement. PSC is the portland slag cement and it is also a type of supplementary cementatious material but it works on hydraulic activy. The material used is directly react with water and from cementetious compounds but the property of the concrete can be increased if the blend of slag and cement is made. PSC can reduce the construction cost, better strength and durability and many more.
Which PSC cement is best for roofing? Which PSC cement is best for roofing?
Where am I?
In TheConstructor you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!
PSC (Portland Slag Cement) has various speciality than ordinary cement. It is also a type of supplementary cementatious material but it works on hydraulic activity. The material used in directly react with water and from cementetious compounds but the property of the concrete can be increased if the blend of slag and cement is used.
Portland slag cement
Basic information about Portland slag cement:
- Slag cement is widely used in concrete as a separate cementitious compound or as part of a blended cement
- Slag cement is commonly found in ready-mix concrete, precast concrete, masonry, soil cement and some high-temperature resistant building products.
- Slag cement works energetically with Portland cement to increase its strength, reduce permeability, improve the chemical attack and inhibit the rebar corrosion
Benefits of Portland slag cement :
- It reduces permeability
- It improved the workability of fresh concrete
- It gives good finishing
- It has a higher compressive and flexural strength
- It has ASR mitigation properties
- It highly improved durability property
- It shows more consistent performance
A good Portland slag cement should have the following properties
- Resistance to chlorides and sulphate attacks
- Resistance to alkali aggregate reaction
- Reduced cracking
- Less cracking
- Easy to pump
- Good workabiity
- High durability
- Give good finishing