The top multinational construction companies operating in India are as follows :- - Larsen and Taubro Ltd - Tata Steel Ltd - JSW Steel Ltd - Steel Authority of India Ltd - UltraTech Cement Ltd - Jindal Steel and Power Ltd - Ambuja Cement Ltd - Reliance Infrastructures Ltd - ACC Ltd - Shree Cement Ltd
Which are top Multinational Construction Companies operating in India? Understanding of multinational companies operating globally is so important for engineers aspiring career in construction.
Which are top Multinational Construction Companies operating in India?
Where am I?
In TheConstructor you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!
Top multinational construction companies in India:
1- Dilip buildcon limited.
It is taking all types of construction works such as irrigation, urban development,road works.
2-Hindustan construction cooperative limited.
It is company established in 1926.
Taking different works like nuclear power works, road works etc.
3- Jaiprakash associates limited.
It is found in 1979 and have group Jaypee.
It has construction, cement and infrastructure areas.
4- Larsen and toubro-
It is found in 1938.Its products are Heavy equipment, electrical equipment, power and shipbuilding. L & T various services are real estate, construction, financial services, and IT services.
5- Ncc ltd- Nagarjuna construction company
6- sapoorji pallonaji & co limited.
7- simplex infrastructures Ltd
8- sadbhav engineering limited. & Many more.
The updated list of top multinational Construction companies in India:
- Larsen and Tourbro Infrastructure Development Projects Limited.
- Tata Projects Limited, Mumbai
- Shapoorji Pallonji and co. Limited, Mumbai.
- GMR Group, Mumbai
- Hindustan Construction Company (HCC), Mumbai
- Afcons Infrastructure Limited, Mumbai
- JMC projects, Mumbai
- Gammon India Limited, Mumbai
- IVRCL, Hyderabad
- J Kumar Infra, Mumbai
- Gammon Infrastructure Projects Limited (GIPL), Mumbai
- Reliance infrastructure
- Ashoka Buildcon, Nashik
- B L Kashyap and sons Limited (BLK), New Delhi
- Consolidated Construction Consortium Limited (CCCL), Chennai
- Essar group, Mumbai
- GVK Group, Secunderabad
- IRCON International Limited, New Delhi
- Jaypee group (Jaiprakash Associates Limited), Noida
- KEC International Limited, Mumbai
- LANCO Group, Hyderabad
- MBL Infrastructures Limited, New Delhi
- Nagarjuna Construction Company Limited (NCC), Hyderabad
- National Building Construction Corporation Limited (NBCC), New Delhi.
- Punj Lloyd, Mumbai
- Tantla Construction limited, Kolkata
- Toyo Engineering India Limited (TEIL), Mumbai
- Ahluwalia Contract India Limited, New Delhi
- Anubhav Infra, Howrah
- ARSS Infrastructures Limited, Delhi
- Allanta Limited, Mumbai
- BSCPL Infrastructure Limited
- C & C Construction Limited, Gurgaon
- Capacite Infraprojects Limited, Mumbai
- Coastal Projects Private Limited (CPPL), Hyderabad
1. Larsen & Toubro Infrastructure Development Projects Limited (L&T IDPL)
Larsen & Toubro is the leader among infrastructure companies in India. Larsen & Toubro Infrastructure Development Projects Limited is a part of L & T Group. The company was founded in Mumbai in 1938 by two Danish engineers, Henning Holck-Larsen and Soren Kristian.
Larsen & Tubro today is one of the largest construction companies in India, and their project portfolio includes road constructions worth more than Rs 18,000 Crore. Some major projects of the company are:
- Coimbatore Bypass
- Panipat Elevated Corridor
- Krishnagiri bypass in Krishnagiri, Tamil Nadu
- Gujarat Refinery for IOCL
- Fertilizer Plant for NFCL, Kakinada.
2. Reliance Infrastructure Limited
Reliance Infrastructure Limited stands in the second position. Reliance Infrastructure Company is involved in many projects related to real estate, airports, roads, and high ways, etc. The market capitalization of Reliance Infrastructure is Rs 11,098 Crore as of July 2015. This is only for the distribution of electricity in the suburbs of Mumbai. They are the winner of National Award for Excellence in Energy Management. Some of the projects handled by the company are.
- Coal based Thermal Power Station in Dahanu, Maharashtra
- Delhi Airport Express
- Nanded Airport in Maharashtra
3. GMR Infrastructure Limited
GMR Infrastructure Limited stands at 3rd position in the list of top 10 infrastructure companies in India. The company founded in 1996, it is involved in various projects like energy, real estate, highways, and Airports, etc., and its market capital stands at Rs 8,049 Crore as on July 2015
GMR handles many turn key projects in Turkey, Maldives, Philippines, Singapore and Indonesia apart from India. 2 major projects completed by this company are:
- Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi
- Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad, Telangana
4. IRB Infrastructure Developers Limited
IRB Infrastructure Developers Limited was incorporated to finance the IRB Group. IRB is one of the leading Infrastructure Development Company in Road construction, India. It has completed road projects about 9,000 kilometers, and it has a market capitalization of around Rs 7,940 Crores. The major projects completed by IRB are:
- Mumbai-Pune Expressway
- Ahemdabad-Vadodara Expressway
5. Jaiprakash Associates Limited
Jaiprakash Associates Limited is a public listed infrastructure company, and it is a part of the Jaypee Group of Indian Corporation. JAL was founded in 1979. It undertakes various infrastructure projects like Power, roads, hospitality, real estate, and sports, etc., and its market capital stands at Rs 5,716 Crore as of July 2015.
Jaiprakash Associates Limited has worked on several hydro- power projects in India. Few notable projects of JAL are:
- 1000 MW Karcham Dam on River Satluj, Himachal Pradesh
- Yamuna Expressway
- Cement Blending & Grinding Unit in Agheri, Uttar Pradesh
- 1450MW HEP on Sardar Sarovar Dam, Gujarat
6. Nagarjuna Construction Company Limited
Nagarjuna Construction Company Limited (NCC) was incepted in 1978. NCC Limited is a public limited company and it is involved in various projects related to power, railways, mining, roads and irrigation etc and it’s market capital stands Rs: 5,214 Crore as on July 2015. Few important projects completed by NCC Limited are:
- Delhi Metro Railway Line
- Construction of Oberoi Resort in Kuwait
- Construction of Blast Furnance at SAIL-ISP
- Kalina-Vakola Flyover in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
7. Hindustan Construction Company
Hindustan Construction Company was founded in 1926. HCC is Winner of Global Sustainability Leadership Award. HCC stands among oldest infrastructure companies in the country and it undertakes various projects like expressways, bridges, tunnels and power etc. HCC market capital stands at Rs 1,905 as on July 2015, few major projects completed by HCC are:
- Bandra Worli Sea link
- Mumbai-Pune Expressway
- Kudankulam Power Plant
8. GVK Power and Infrastructure Limited
GVK Infrastructure & Power limited is a public listed infrastructure company founded in 1994. GVK is involved in various projects related to Power, Roads, Hospitality, and Mining, etc. GVK has got several awards and recognitions. This company is associated with numerous projects of excellent quality and is also known for its time-bound delivery. Its market capital stands at Rs 1,252 Crore as of July 2015. Few notable projects completed by GVK are;
- Deoli-Kota Expressway
- Hydro Electric Project in Jammu and Kashmir
- Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru
9. Lanco Infratech Limited
Lanco Infratech Limited stands at 9th place among the top 10 infrastructure companies of India, located and Headquartered New Delhi. LIL is mainly engaged in Road, Power, and Expressways construction projects. LIL market capital stands at Rs 1,137 Crore as of July 2015.
Some of the notable projects undertaken by Lanco Infratech are:
- Devihalli Highways
- Udupi Power Corporation Ltd (UPCL) at Yellur in Udupi district.
10. PUNJ LLOYD INFRASTRUCTURE LIMITED
Punj Lloyd Infrastructure Limited was founded in 1982 and it is a part of Punj Lloyd group. Punj Lloyd is involved in various projects consisting of Transportation, Energy, Roads and Hospitality and its market capital stands at Rs 933 Crore as on July 2015. Few major projects completed by the company are:
- 5MW Solar power plant at Bap, Rajasthan
- (2×250 MW) Chhabra Thermal Power Project
- Bangalore Metro Rail
- Heera field redevelopment for ONGC.
Dilip Buildcon Ltd
It is one of the top 10 construction companies in India. The company is dealing with different projects, including irrigation, urban development, mining, irrigation, road development. It is one of the top 10 construction companies in India.
Macrotech Developers Pvt Ltd (Lodha Group)
The company is dealing with residential and commercial projects. Its various projects are Palava, Lodha Luxury, Lincoln Square. It has partnered with multiple companies dealing with different sectors, including Interior Design Partner, Design Architects, Structural Consultants, Service Partners, Financial Partners, and suppliers in Sanitary ware, Bathroom Fittings, Kitchens, Cement, Cables, etc.
NCC Ltd started a journey with the name Nagarjuna Construction Company Limited and has progressed consistently, creating significant value for all our stakeholders. In every company’s history, there comes a time when the need arises to future-proof the identity of the brand to serve unfolding business opportunities.
Sadbhav Engineering Ltd
Sadbhav Engineering Ltd was founded in the year 1988 and is headquartered in Ahmedabad, India. The company has implemented projects in the construction of roads and highways, bridges, mining, and irrigation supporting infrastructure. The company’s segments include EPC contracts and BOT. The company is also engaged in the construction of earthen dams, siphon, remodeling, and improvement of canals.
Shapoorji Pallonji & Co. Ltd
Shapoorji Pallonji is headquartered in Mumbai, India. It offers a wide range of services, including Infrastructure, Textiles, Real estate, Security Systems, Industrial engineering, Appliances, and Power. It is one of the top 10 construction companies in India.
Simplex Infrastructures Ltd
Simplex Infrastructures Ltd. is a diversified company established in 1924 and executing projects in several sectors like Transport, Energy & Power, Mining, Buildings, Marine, Real Estate, etc. It is dealing into various business segments which are as follows-
- Roads, Railways and Bridges
- Power & Transmission