Hi, Using a plastic optical fibre in concrete mix makes it translucent.i.e the concrete are able to pass light through it , but does not allow air and water.
- It makes concrete with high porosity and more durable
- Reduces the deflection of the beam with 25%.
- Presence of fibre in inter transitional zones makes the bond between the reinforcement and concrete strong and durable.
- Due to the presence of optical fibre due to the shorter band radius a more resilient to damage is found.
- It is easier to connect and polish which also reduces the cost of installation and maintenance.
- It makes concrete economical and strong.