Thank you everyone.
What is the best method for ground improvement technique? What are the methods for ground improvement technique and which one is the best among them?
Where am I?
In TheConstructor you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!
There is no best method for ground improvement, you should adopt as per the type of soil and your requirement of stabilization and bearing capacity.
Well, the steps of ground improvement techniques are according to the individual needs and plot of land and the purpose of the use of ground for improvement.
- If the land is waterlogged, then drain out of the water from the soil.
- If soil is already under the built-up area then there is a need to remove all the foundation and superstructure and make the foundation Deeper for new construction to increase the stability and factor of safety.
- If the land is not level, label the light as per your need.
- If the soil is is less bearing capacity then increase the strength by adopting methods like piling and compaction.
- if the plot of land is used for underground water or something oil storage then it needs to apply the waterproofing and leakage looking for the storage tanks to increase the safety e and decrease the maintenance cost.
For different types of usage of land at different methods should be adopted to make the soil improve for various uses so that it is best for domestic and commercial use.
The best method for ground improvement techniques:
Actually the ground improvement it can be done by at in load or increasing effective stress.
Ultimate acting improving efficiency and productivity by using mate hurts is a good option.
Most important that the new ground improvement methods that can be used with foundation design to get the best outcome for homeowners.
Grouting techniques are given below:
- Jet grouting technique for ground improvement
- Micropiles for ground improvement
- Vibro replacement stone columns for ground improvement
- The ground freezing technique for ground improvement
- Thermal stabilization of soil for ground improvement
- Vacuum consolidation of soil for ground improvement
- Vibro compaction method of ground improvement.
I hope that my answer will add some knowledge. Thank You.
- Mech stabilization
- Cement stabilization
- Lime stabilization
- Bituminous stabilization
- Chemical stabilization
- Thermal stabilization
- Electrical stabilization
- Stabilization by grouting
- Stabilization by geotextiles & fabrics
Vibro stone columns
Rapid impact compaction
By Adding Load or Increasing Effective Stress
Dewatering fine-grained soils
By Structural Reinforcement
Root or micro-piles
By Structural Fill
Removal and replacement
Lime columns (Swedish method)
Lime and cement columns (Japanese method)
Mix-in-place by single auger or Deep Soil Mixing
Lime stabilization of slopes
Lime stabilization of pavements
Cement stabilization of pavement
Compaction, squeeze and compensation grouting
By Thermal Stabilization
Artificial ground freezing
Artificial ground heating
Ground improvement refers to the technique that improves the engineering properties of the soil mass treated. Usually, the properties that are modified are shear strength, stiffness, and permeability. Ground improvement has developed into a sophisticated tool to support foundations for a wide variety of structures.
Some of the methods for ground improvement technique are as follows;
- Vibro compaction :- This method is rapid densification technique which could be used effectively in saturated cohesive less soil(sand). In such loose deposits, vibration or shock waves caused localized spontaneous liquefaction followed by densification and settlement. The load due to shock is temporarily transferred to the liquid and the soil particles take a much denser pattern aided by the soil particles. Even dry soils due to shock and vibration, the particle moves from the original position and take a more compact pattern. Once the particles are loosened due to the shock, the effectiveness of this method decreases with the increase in the percentage of fines in the soil, more than 20% of silt or 5% of clay may reduce the effectiveness of this method.
- Vibro-displacement compaction:- It is also known as Vibro-floatation which is a technique in which the density of granular soils or cohesive fewer soils is increased by the insertion of a heavy vibrating poker to the desired depth.
- Stone column technique :- It is also called as granular columns or granular piles. This technique is also known as Vibro replacement. In this technique, a dense aggregate column is constructed by means of a crane-suspended downhole vibrator. The installation of a stone column improves ground by reducing soil settlement.
- Dynamic compaction of soil:- It is a technique in which a drop weight is used to densify the soils and fill materials. The drop weight is typically made of steel and is lifted by a crane and repeatedly dropped on to the ground surface. The vibrations that are resulted from the repeated drops are transmitted below the surfaces which improve the soil at depth. These drop locations are generally located on a grid pattern.
We cannot determine the best method. According to the soil, the methods to be applied is selected.