Difference between Tie beam & plinth beam
As the name mentioned, both are the beams. And I think there is no main difference in it.
1. As we all know, the plinth beam is the part of the substructure, from the plinth beam superstructure getting started.
2. The plinth beam always constructed to the ground level.
3. After the footing or foundation plinth beam is built.
4. The plinth beam transfers the load to footing which from the superstructure.
5. Plinth beam connected to all the columns.
1. The tie beam is also part of the plinth beam, so it is not just part of the superstructure.
2. The tie beam is constructed anywhere as per requirement above the plinth level or floor level.
3. Tie beam carrying the axial compression and transfer the load to the Columns.
4. Tie beam connects two or more columns