- In the construction point of view, deadman is totally related to heavyweight, especially a mass concrete block.
- Deadman is used to provide strong support, or we can say resistance to a load.
- Actually, such type of blocks is embedded firmly in the soil, whereas some blocks are resting on the surface of the ground.
- This is used for temporary and permanent construction applications including the retaining wall design.
- In the case of the trenchless construction industry, the deadman anchors provide a reactive force during pipe jacking procedures.
- Unexcavated patches are nothing but the telltale left on the excavation.