High rise building is that type of building which is taller than 15m height which people can willing to walk up and it also requires mechanically operated vertical Transportation systems.
No. of Floors in high rise building= greater than four (i.e. G + 3 Floors)
Electrical system :
The electrical system provided in high rise building depends on the utility of that building.
High Voltage wire is required for commercial building and it is considered hazardous.
The machine has its own fuse, there will be wire ways included in the floor slab.
Various types of electrical works carried out in high rise building:
- Fixing a standby diesel generator
- Each consumer has to be protected by a provision of an Earth leakage circuit breaker(ELCB) to safeguard the persons against electrical shocks.
- All power sockets need to be earthed through an earth conductor and finally connected to ground pits.
- Solar power for high rise building is essential to fulfilling all requirements and reduces electricity consumption.
- Enhances energy conservation
- New technology:
integrated building management system(IBMS)
- Can monitor and control fire.
- It has a security module for access control
- Elevator control