Inspection carried out by local authorities during construction:
The purpose behind the inspection of the construction work is to verify compliance with the requirements of the contract documents.
On large projects, separate site inspections will be carried out for mechanical and Electrical services, structural works, and architectural works.
The site Inspector provides an independent assessment of the works and will generally report to the contractor administrator.
Site Inspector likely to keep aside diary and construction progress meetings and to produce regular written reports.
Following specific inspections should be carried out during the construction phase as part of the general contractor administration process:
- Condition service of neighboring structures before the commencement of the works.
- Inspecting mock-ups and samples and witnessing the test
- Regular evaluation inspections to assess the progress of the work to value interim payments
- Inspection after hand over of the site to the client on certification of practical completion
- Inspection at the end of the defects liability prayed to prepare a skill schedule of defects
- Inspection on completion of the rectification of defects set out on the schedule of defects.