We should start to use M-sand as one of the alternative building construction material so that impacts on the environment will get reduced to some extent.
Here, I will be discussing some advantages and disadvantages of manufactured sand.
Advantages of manufactured sand :
- Manufactured sand has a higher fineness modulus index as compared to natural sand
- It has better abrasion resistance because manufactured sand is free from silt and clay.
- Lower Permeability
- Higher unit weights
- It has very less destructive to our environment because it highly reduces sand mining from the river bed.
- It has good workability of concrete
- Greater durability.
Disadvantages of manufactured sand:
- Higher cost
- More requirement of water-cement due to its smooth and angular texture to achieve appropriate workability.
- Presence of more amount of micro-fine particles that adversely affect on strength and workability of concrete.