MacArthur pile :
- It is a patented pile.
- It is formed by driving a steel shell into the ground to the required depth.
Basic information of MacArthur pile:
- It is placed in small quantities of concrete and having them down.
- The purpose is to force the concrete into the earth beyond the point of the shell.
- Its an advantage is that the bearing area is increases as same as pedestal pile
- Then the Shell is withdrawn because the hole is made is filled with concrete
(See figure for better understanding of the concept.)