Advantages of manufactured sand are as follows;
- Reducing defects in concrete like segregation, bleeding and honeycomb structure formation.
- Setting time of concrete is comparatively fast as compared to another type of concrete where we use natural sand
- Compressive strength and flexural strength of concrete is very high as compared to other concrete where we use natural sand
- Permeability of manufactured sand is very less as compared to natural sand
- It doesn't have any oversized particles.
- Greater durability, good economy.
- Ecofriendly building construction materials
Disadvantages of manufactured sand are as follows;
- The requirement of high water-cement ratio to achieve the desired workability.
- Manufactured sand contains a large number of microparticles, so it adversely affects on strength and workability of concrete
- Slump value of manufactured sand is less because it doesn't contain any moisture content (water absorption of M-sand is only to 2-4%)
Steps to overcome disadvantages of manufactured sand;
- By reducing a large number of microparticles in manufactured sand, so that the strength and workability of concrete will get improve.
- By increasing the moisture content in manufactured sand, so that slump value will increases.