- Trial Pits and Trenches
- Window Sampling
- Light Cable percussive boreholes
- Rotary Boreholes
- Sonic Drilling
How would you approach a ground investigation for a building structure? How would you approach a ground investigation for a building structure?
Where am I?
In TheConstructor you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!
Some of the ground investigation which are done before building construction are :-
– Desk study/preliminary risk assessments
– Trial pitting and trenching
– Window sampling and dynamic probe testing
– Insitu testing
– Cable percussive boreholes
Here, I will give you three main stages of soil investigation. They are given below:
- Preliminary Investigation
- Detailed Investigation
- Supplementary Investigation & Control
Ground investigations mainly includes determining the condition of the ground, … To determine Ground layer thicknesses and the mechanical properties of soil. To collect detailed information about soil and ground samples . To determine strength of soil at different layers by conducting field as well as laboratory tests on soil.