Corrosion of steel elements in a facade system may cause failure that can adversely affect building performance.
Preventing or minimising the potential of Steel corrosion in a building involves;
- Examination of the surrounding environment
- Proper design of the facade system
- Selecting a suitable Steel grade
- Choosing an appropriate coating
- Undertaking maintenance regularly.
- Development of environmentally friendly and low-cost nanocoatings
- Establishing locally validated corrosion rates of Steel elements.