- Color test – It sould be uniform light greenish grey.
- Presence of lumps – There should not be any hard lumps or any other impurities.
- Adulteration test – Taken pinch of cement in between fingers, it should be smooth, not rough.
- Temperature test – When inserted hand in cement bag, it should feel cool.
- Float test – Handful of cement if thrown in a bucket full of water, its particles should float on surface for sometime.
- Setting test – Thick paste of cement with water is made on a piece of glass plate and
it skipped under water for 24 hours so after 24 hours it will sit and not blend or crack in water.
- Date of packing – Remember the strength of cement reduces with time so it’s important to check the manufacturer time. Cement should be used before 90 days from manufacturing date.