Predicting the height of the building:
Today, I will tell you one interesting and tricky technique applied to measure the height of a building without using any equipment expect tape.
- Hand measuring:
The hand measuring technique is used to measure the height of a building without using any equipment to expect tape.
- Your Hand
- Measuring Tape.
- First, we open our hand and extend fully with all fingers.
- We have to measure the height of our hand and that is the distance in between the tip of Thumb and the tip of the little finger
- Then we consider the height of our extended hand from thumb to little finger is 1 unit
- Then we have to measure the length of an arm using extended hands and it is used as a reference measuring unit.
- Find the ratio of your height of the extended hand to the length of your arm and then round it to a simple fraction
- The actual process starts from here. After closing the one eye, we have to look down our straightened arm for locating an object in the appropriate distance that we can just barely span the height of our extended hand
- Marking our location on the floor with the help of a piece of tape.
- ( height of hand with fingers extended/ arm length)=( object height/ distance to object)