Basically, infrared thermography is one of the non-destructive technique that measures the radiation emitted by bodies in the thermal infrared band of the electromagnetic spectrum.S
- Formation of cracks due to anomalies in the coating material or associated with the substrate elements.
- The diagnosis needs to establish the causes of cracks and identify the existing topography as well as the degree of damage.
- The study indicates a strong dependence on the variations of surface temperature and sun incidence with no agreement about the criteria regarding the best time to make the thermographic inspection in day or night
- The use of thermography to study cracks, detachment, and humidity are still being performed on an experimental basis.
- Thermography is used to observe the location of cracks
- Nowadays, the weather conditions in the country where the studies are being performed are an important variable in the process and results since they involve differentiation of heat flux for each study.